Where can I purchase lottery tickets?
- Tickets can be purchased by phone at 604.678.4663, ordered online at www.pneprizehome.ca, at Save-On-Foods, Overwaitea Foods, PriceSmart Foods or Urban Fare in BC, Trev Deeley Motorcycles locations, by mail, onsite during the 2017 Fair, at the Prize Home previews, and at scheduled lower mainland malls during our mall tour program.
How old must you be to purchase a lottery ticket?
- Ticket purchasers must 19 years or older. If a winning ticket bears the name of a minor, the prize will be lawfully delivered on behalf of the minor to the minor’s parent, legal guardian or trustee.
Do you have to be a BC resident to purchase a lottery ticket?
- You must be a BC resident to order tickets online or by phone. Non-BC residents are eligible to purchase lottery tickets if they do so in person on-site at the PNE, at a Mall Tour location, at Trev Deeley Motorcycles or at any Overwaitea Food Group store.
Is my ticket purchase tax-deductible?
- No. Because there is a chance that you will receive a prize in return, the price paid for a ticket is not considered a charitable “donation”.
Do I have to pay taxes on winnings?
- No, lottery winnings are non-taxable in Canada.
Can I take the cash value instead of the prize?
- No, the lottery prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash equivalent and are not transferable or refundable. No substitutions are permitted by winners.
What happens to my tickets when I order online, by phone or at a retail outlet?
- In these cases, your information is printed onto tickets and deposited into the draw barrel by a lottery representative. A receipt with your ticket numbers is then sent to you by mail or email. The Prize Home lottery procedures are governed by the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch of BC, and are subject to regular audits to ensure that proper ticket handling procedures are followed.
What if I do not receive my receipt?
- If you do not receive your ticket receipt within 3 weeks please contact the PNE Prize Home Call Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.678.4663. Ticket receipts are for your record only. Photo id is required to claim a prize, not the receipt. If your receipt is being sent by email, please check your “junk” folder as some service providers can tag receipts as spam.
What if I lose my receipt?
- You do not need to have your ticket receipt or numbers in order to claim a prize. The name and information recorded on the ticket is used to contact winners.
If I win an early bird draw do I still have a chance of winning the grand prize?
- Yes, if your ticket is drawn as an early bird winner, it is placed back in the barrel for all subsequent draws.
How will I know if I’ve won a prize?
- All lottery prize winners are contacted by phone or registered mail. A complete winner’s list is published on the PNE Prize Home website and in the local newspaper within 2 weeks of the final draw.
What is the 50/50 draw?
- The 50/50 is a separate raffle from the Prize Home draw for a cash prize equal to half the value of total 50/50 ticket sales. The maximum ticket sales for the 50/50 draw is $2,000,000, therefore the maximum cash prize is $1,000,000. 50/50 tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with PNE Prize Home Lottery tickets (not available onsite at the Fair).
What are my odds of winning a prize?
- Total Lottery tickets for sale are 849,000.
- Total 50/50 tickets for sale are 290,000.
- Actual chances of winning will depend on the number of tickets sold.
Where do the proceeds from the ticket sales go?
- The Pacific National Exhibition is a non-profit organization. The revenue raised through the Prize Home Lottery supports variety of non-revenue producing programs including agriculture, community, arts and a large number of other local programs.