By order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), proof of vaccination is required to access events, services and businesses. To access PNE events and venues all guests, employees, exhibitors and event staff must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated.
What do I need to access the PNE venues? (September 27 onward)
We will ask to see your BC Vaccine Card either via mobile device or printed paper and a piece of valid government photo ID for example:
- B.C. driver’s licence or BC Services Card
- Photo ID issued by another province or territory
What age is the vaccine card required?
The requirement applies to all people born in 2009 and earlier (12+). Guests who are more than 18 years of age are required to show photo identification in addition to their proof of vaccine. For more information see here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
What if I am from another province?
People who don’t have a B.C. ID are also required to show proof of vaccination. You might not have B.C. identification if:
- You’re visiting from another place
- You just moved here
People from other provinces or territories must show:
- Provincially/territorially officially recognized vaccine record
- Valid government photo ID
International visitors must show:
- Proof of vaccination they used to enter Canada
What events will I have to show proof of vaccine for?
- All PNE produced events such as Playland Hallowed Eves, all concerts, trade & consumer shows, festivals, meetings and family shows.
What if I purchased a ticket to an event and can no longer attend based on this requirement?
- Requests for refunds can be made by emailing email@example.com. Refund policies vary by event and by event promoter.
Will PNE staff also be vaccinated?
- All staff working at PNE events and venues will be fully vaccinated.
Are masks still required if I’m double vaccinated?
- Masks are mandatory for all people while inside any PNE venue. Masks, covering nose and mouth, must be worn at all times, except when you are eating or drinking.
- All exhibitors and event staff interfacing with guests will be wearing masks both indoors and outdoors.
Do participants in minor hockey and figure skating need to be vaccinated?
- Youth sports (under 19 years) are exempt and will not be required to provide proof of vaccination. All spectators for minor hockey and figure skating must wear masks.
Do participants playing hockey in recreational leagues need to be vaccinated?
- All participants playing in recreational leagues who are 19+ need to show proof of vaccination.