Food & Beverage Minimums
We provide staffing, set up and tear down along with 60” round tables, rectangle tables, high top tables, low bistro tables, chairs, black or white linen, china, flatware.
For all food and beverage events located outside banquet spaces (with the exception of formal plated meals), single-use ware will be used. If china is preferred in these spaces, additional charges may apply.
- Forum – $2000
- Hastings Room – $750
- Momiji Gardens – $1500
- Center Grounds/Italian Gardens – $1500
- Rollerland – $1000
- Agrodome – $1500
- Pacific Room – $1000
The PNE requires an approximate guest count at the time of booking. Guaranteed number of guests must be received by your catering coordinator no later than:
- 5 business days prior to event for groups under 150
- 7 business days prior to event for groups over 150
Should we not be able to reach you, the last confirmed number on the order contract will be used as the guarantee.
A maximum attrition of 20% will be allowed between the time of booking and guaranteed number of guests. Attrition greater than 20% will be subject to an attrition fee of 50% of the estimated difference on food and beverage. Significant attrition may result in groups being reassigned to an alternative venue appropriate for the size of their group.
Functions cancelled between 5 days and 3 days (inclusive) prior to the event are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the estimated food and beverage total. Cancellations within 3 days will be charged 100% of the contract. All cancellations must be received in writing.
The PNE Food and Beverage department reserves the right to reschedule the function/date and/or group venue in the event of unforeseen circumstances (e.g. cancellation of concert, game, etc.)
- If catering is required, all attending guests must participate in catering.
- All food and beverage must be provided by the Food and Beverage Department.
- No outside catering (excluding personal birthday cakes).
- Due to health regulations, leftover food and beverage is not permitted to leave the premises.
- PNE must be consulted prior to the setting up of any displays. The use of glitter, nails, staples, glue, sparklers or confetti of any kind is not permitted. Candle wax on table linen will result in a $25.00 replacement charge.
Please note the following charges: 5% Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) applies to all food, beverage, labour, service charges & miscellaneous charges. 10% Provincial Liquor Tax applies to all alcoholic beverages. 7% BC PST applies to all carbonated soda.
PST & GST applies to all Audio-Visual Equipment rentals.
18% service charge applies to all food and beverage. Under the GST act the service charge is also subject to 5% GST.
Allergies & Dietary Restrictions
The PNE will accommodate nut-free and wheat-free alternative meals however, please note that we are not a certified nut or wheat-free facility. We do not have a separate kitchen to prepare allergen-free items, nor separate dining areas for guests with allergies or intolerances. Thus, it is possible for an allergen to be introduced inadvertently during food preparation, handling or service.
Catering Bar Policies
A minimum of $750.00 (per bar) in sales must be generated for any cash or host bar during the first 4-hour period. For each additional hour of service, a minimum of $175.00 (per bar) in sales must occur. Should these amounts not be reached the client will be billed for the difference between what was sold, and the minimum required.
In accordance with BC liquor laws, all alcoholic beverages consumed in licensed areas must be purchased by the PNE through the BC Liquor Distribution Board. Liquor service is not permitted after 1:00 am (12:00am on Sunday and holidays). Only alcohol provided by the Food and Beverage department may be consumed on premises. At its discretion, the Food and Beverage department reserves the right to revoke liquor service to those parties violating house policies.
- Hosted Bar: The host agrees to pay for drinks according to their individual prices and based on consumption.
- Cash-less Bar: Guests purchase individual drinks that they order at the bar. The PNE is now cashless and will accept all major credit cards, debit cards, and mobile wallets.
- Ticketed Bar: Guests are provided with drink tickets. The host agrees to pay for all tickets redeemed at the bar according to the price of each drink. Any drinks ordered without a drink ticket will be charged individually to the guest, as per our cash-less bar.
- Subsidized Bar Package: Your guests pay a set price per beverage, and the host pays the balance. For example: Toonie Bar.