are located under the games line beside Scoops Ice Cream
are not allowed inside Playland, with the exception of Service Animals for guests with disabilities. Please have documentation available.
are located next to Guest Services at the main entrance of Playland, on the games midway by Pizza Pizza and beside the Revelation.
are permitted on site, but strictly prohibited on rides. Selfie sticks and drones are not permitted on site. Playland requires that all photographs or videos taken by guests be used for their personal enjoyment ONLY.
Credit Cards and INTERAC
are accepted for admission and at most shops and restaurants including Visa, MasterCard and American Express. ATM machines are available as well.
Dress for your Night
We suggest that you dress comfortably, wear good walking shoes and check the local weather report before you leave for Playland. We ask that you not wear clothing that includes, but is not limited to: clothing with inappropriate words, phrases and/or graphics. For your safety, shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
Discounted Group Rates are available for groups of 10 or more. Call Playland Group Sales at 604-252-3585 for information or visit our Group Sales section on the website. Tickets must be purchased before the day of the event and online.
ID Required for Admission
Yes, two pieces of ID will be required at admission. First piece of ID must include name, photo, date of birth & signature. Second piece of ID must include name, and either photo or signature.
The PNE prioritizes inclusivity and strives to create a welcoming environment for all guests. Gender neutral washrooms are located in both Kids Playce and just west of the Enterprise ride. There will be full searches at Playland Nights and our searchers have had inclusivity training. There will be male-identified and female-identified searchers working at the event and guests are encouraged to select the line-up and searchers with whom they feel most comfortable. If you have any questions please speak to one of our security staff members for assistance.
Lost and Found
If you have lost a personal item while visiting Playland, visit Guest Services. To leave an inquiry for a lost item please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the lost and found hotline at 604-251-7717. Be sure to leave your full name, contact number, date and event you lost your item and a full description of the item. Every attempt will be made to locate the lost item and you will be contacted within 48 hours. Playland does not reimburse patrons for lost or stolen items. Items lost on rides are unable to be retrieved. Items will be collected after closing.
Note: all found or checked items will be destroyed or donated if unclaimed after 30 days.
Outside Food and Drink
Outside food and beverage is not permitted during Playland Nights.
Paging and Announcements
Playland does not offer in-park paging. Please be sure to have a specific meeting place for your group. Guests may leave messages for one another at Guest Services.
Parking and Transportation
Parking is $15. Overnight parking is available as needed, please let the lot attendant know if you are planning on leaving your vehicle. Transit is also a great option with frequent bus service on Hastings Street, and easy access to Renfrew Skytrain Station via the #16 Bus.
All guests and their belongings including bags, backpacks and purses are subject to inspection prior to park entry. Refusal to submit to inspection may result in your entry into the park being denied. As a reminder, weapons of any kind such as knives and pepper spray are prohibited. Alcoholic beverages, marijuana, illicit drugs or any other illegal substances are prohibited. If any prohibited items are found during a search, the item(s) will be confiscated, turned over to law enforcement and you may be refused entry into the park. We ask for your understanding and cooperation in ensuring the continued safety of all guests and staff.
What am I NOT allowed to bring into the park?
For the safety and security of all of our guests the following items are prohibited:
- Pets (Service Animals are permitted and must be wearing an identifying assistive-companion vest)
- Skateboards, scooters (motorized and non-motorized), inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, bicycles, motorcycles, tricycles, unicycles, pogo sticks, two-wheeled vehicles, including bicycles and Segway™ Human Transporters
- Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags with wheels
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
- Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that requires a Guest to pull it behind them, including a stroller, is not permitted into Playland.
- Alcoholic beverages and any illegal substances
- Folding chairs, with the exception of cane-chair and seat-walker mobility aid
- Glass containers, with the exception of baby food containers, medicine or small perfume bottles (under 4 oz)
- Coolers are not permitted in Playland
- Water pistols, toy guns and replica weapons, with the exception of those sold in Playland.
- Sporting goods or equipment (e.g., baseball bats, helmets, hockey sticks, golf clubs, bows and arrows, camping equipment, chairs, stools, tables, Frisbees)
- Weapons of any kind (including guns; knives; billy clubs; brass knuckles; and nunchucks, stars and other martial arts equipment)
- Self-defense equipment (pepper spray, mace, stun guns)
- Restraining devices (e.g., handcuffs, zip ties) or any suspicious items (e.g., box cutters, razor blades, duct tape, wire)
- Items that may be disruptive (e.g. laser pointer, slingshot, stink bomb, air horns)
- Miscellaneous other items (tools, fire extinguishers, musical instruments, megaphones, pots and pans)
- Professional cameras and recording equipment. (Reporters must make prior arrangements with PNE Media Relations.) Folding tripod stands that can fit inside a standard backpack are permitted.
- Propane Bar-B-Cues
- Tarps and tents
- Drones and Selfie Sticks
Courtesy phones are available just inside the entrance of Playland and at Guest Services.
There are no in-and-out privileges for Playland Nights.
Locker rentals and wheelchairs are available at Guest Services and are available on a first come first serve basis. Rentals are available at the main entrance of Playland for an all-day fee.
Rides and Attractions Restrictions
All Rides and/or Attractions have height and physical restrictions to ensure guest safety. Typical safety restrictions include height and physical restrictions such as shoulder width, bust, weight and, health and safety advisories and accessibility guidelines. These restrictions and advisories are listed at individual rides and/or attractions or are available at Guest Services. Rides and attractions not included with admission are Midway Games, the Revelation, Drop Zone, Axe-throwing and Virtual Reality Racing.
To provide Playland guests with the highest quality experience, attraction maintenance is occasionally necessary. Please contact Guest Services at 604-252-3620 for operational updates.
Smoking and Vaping area
Playland is a smoke-free environment. Smoking or vaping is only permitted in the designated smoking area located across from the Hellevator.
Tickets for Playland Nights are date specific and cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Playland Nights offers a VIP Experience that includes express entry into the park, access to a VIP bar and rapid pass access ONCE per ride at 10 of our most popular rides and attractions.
To ensure the safety of our guests during inclement weather such as high winds, rain or lightening in the park vicinity, individual rides or the entire park may be closed. Affected rides may be reopened if deemed safe. Playland does not issue rain cheques or refunds for ride or park closures.
Code of Conduct
The Pacific National Exhibition would like to create an enjoyable and safe experience for all attending our events. We want all those attending our events to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion.
- All guests must be 19 years or older and must provide 2 pieces of ID. One piece must be government issued identification with a photo and date of birth, the second must include name and signature or picture.
- No alcohol permitted on rides
- Guests will be subject to bag checks and personal search prior to entry. Please be advised that bringing a medium or large bag may result in delayed entry.
Guests who demonstrate inappropriate and disruptive behavior, including the following, are subject to being removed from the premises:
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Alcoholic beverages brought onto PNE property. Any attempt to bring alcohol onto PNE property will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and will result in the Guest being ejected
- Obscene, offensive or abusive language or actions
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
- Dangerous, abusive, profane or illegal behavior
- Unruly or inconsiderate behavior
- Indecent exposure or undressing
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing
- Interfering with security procedures
- Selling tickets or other merchandise on PNE property
- Handing out goods or literature not pre-approved by the Pacific National Exhibition
- Any other conduct that is beyond the bounds of reasonable behavior for a person attending an event at the PNE.
Pat Down Policy
In order to provide a safe environment, you and your belongings may be searched upon entry. By tendering the ticket and entering, you consent to such searches. If you elect not to consent to the searches, you will be denied entry. Also, the premises are monitored by video camera, please be aware that your movements may be recorded. There will be full searches at Playland Nights. There will be male and female searchers working at the event and guests are encouraged to select the line-up and searchers with whom they feel most comfortable.