BC Strawberry and Mint Chicken Salad
Prepared on August 31.
This refreshing salad is perfect for somebody with a home garden, or that loves fruit.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Difficulty level: 1
1 Large Grapefruit, Fresh
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Aperol
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
5 oz Baby Arugula
1 oz destemmed mint
1 Cup Halved Strawberries
1/2 Cup Chopped Cooked Beets
2 oz Crumbled Feta
2 cooked Chicken Breasts from a rotisserie chicken
1. Cut and squeeze the grapefruit getting 1fl oz (2 tbsp) of juice
2. Add the red wine vinegar and the Aperol
3. Add the salt and pepper, put it all into a mason jar.
4. Add the olive oil and shake until all combined
5. Keep a few really nice mint leaves to the side and toss the remaining mint, arugula, beets and strawberries in 1 oz of the dressing until well coated. Keep the rest in your fridge for another salad!
6. Slice the 2 breasts as thin as possible on a bias
7. Plate the salad and lay the chicken over top
8. Top with the feta and any mint leaves