Chocolate Expresso Lava Cake with Peach Tumeric Coulis
Prepared on August 22.
Feast upon this luxurious lava cake with the tasteful addition of peach tumeric coulis to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 9 minutes
Difficulty level: 2
For the Chocolate Espresso Lava Cakes
1/2 cup Unsalted BC Butter or Margarine
pinch Salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 oz Dark Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped fine
1 Tbsp Instant Espresso Powder
1 1/4 Cups Icing Sugar
2 BC Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
Can Nonstick Spray
2 cups BC Vanilla Ice Cream
For the Peach Tumeric Coulis
4 Ripe Okanagan Peaches
as needed Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Tumeric Powder
Instructions for the Lava Cake
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a heat-proof bowl, combine BC Butter, salt, chocolate, and instant espresso powder.
3. Heat bowl over hot water bath until completely melted and combined.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the icing sugar.
5. Stir in two whole BC Eggs and vanilla.
6. Finish with the flour (do not overmix).
7. Spray 4 ramekins with nonstick spray.
8. Evenly divide the batter between all 4 ramekins.
9. Place on a baking tray and then into the oven for 15 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until you can comfortably handle them.
11. Invert each cake onto a dessert plate.
12. Top with Peach Tumeric Coulis (see next recipe) and serve with a scoop of BC Vanilla Ice Cream.
For the Coulis:
13. Bring a pot of water to a strong boil.
14. Score the bottom of the peach and add to the water.
15. Simmer for 30-35 seconds.
16. Remove the peaches and place in ice water to cool immediatley.
17. Remove the skin and pit.
18. Place fruit into a pot and cook on low heat until the fruit starts to break down.
19. Puree the peaches and add the tumeric.
20. Add sugar as needed. Simmer for 3 minutes.
21. Stir the peach mixture and strain, cool before service.
22. Top lava cake with Peach Tumeric Coulis.