The PNE accepts applications for open positions via our online application system only.
Please do not fax or email your resume. If you are having trouble with the online application system, please contact us at email@example.com or 604.252.3595.
Resume & Cover Letter:
Your resume is our first impression of you! Make sure to spell check your resume and pay attention to detail. It is usually a good idea to outline your relevant work experience first before your education or other experience. We like to get a snapshot of how your background relates to the position you are applying for. If you don’t have work experience, tell us what qualities you have that you think would make you a great PNE employee.
Writing a cover letter can be tricky, but our advice to you is to keep it simple. For seasonal positions, a cover letter is not usually necessary, but if you are applying for a management or a part- or full-time position, we’d like you to take a few moments and tell us why you are applying and how your background best suits the position you’ve applied for. Need some tips? Check out resume and cover letter samples online or send us an email if you’re stuck.
Communication from the PNE:
For seasonal positions, your first communication from the PNE will most likely be in the form of an email inviting you to a group interview session. Remember, first impressions are everything, so if you respond back to us with an email, please use proper grammar.
If you have applied for anything other than a seasonal position, you may receive a phone call from Human Resources to book an interview or to ask you some prescreening questions. We will always identify ourselves by name and by department. If you don’t have time to talk at the moment, just let us know and we’ll call you back. Have a piece of paper and a pen handy, we’ll wait for you to grab these items; write down everything in detail and if you are unsure of anything, just ask us to clarify.
This is the first in-person impression we have of you, so please keep these key tips in mind:
- Be on time. Five to ten minutes early is about right. You may want to make a trip onsite before your first interview so that you know exactly where you are going when you get here.
- Dress to impress; we ask that you do not wear athletic or beach wear, and please, do not wear a hat to the interview.
- Turn your cell phone and iPod off. If you forget to turn off your cell phone and it rings during the interview, please apologize and allow yourself time to turn it off at that point.
- We do not allow employees to chew gum during their shift, so please refrain from chewing gum during your interview. Please leave your coffee in the car as well.
- Smile and make eye contact with your facilitator or interviewer.
- Be prepared with specific examples of your work experience; we want to know that you’ve been in certain situations before and are interested in how you’ve handled them.
- If shaking hands, use a good firm handshake either at the beginning or end of the interview.
- Use good posture.
- Be polite, honest and sincere; an interview is not the time for crude or distasteful jokes or stories.
- Come prepared to the interview having researched the PNE; have questions prepared for us, this will show us that you are interested in the company and the job you have applied for.
- Relax, we know you might be nervous but if you follow the tips above, the interview process will go smoothly.