Application & Interview Tips
The PNE accepts applications for open positions via our online application system only.
Please do not fax or email your resume. If you are having trouble with the online application system, please contact us at email@example.com.
Resume & Cover Letter:
Your resume is our first impression of you! Make sure to spell check your resume and pay attention to detail. It is usually a good idea to outline your relevant work experience first before your education or other experience. We like to get a snapshot of how your background relates to the position you are applying for. If you don’t have work experience, tell us what qualities you have that you think would make you a great PNE employee.
Writing a cover letter can be tricky, but our advice to you is to keep it simple. For seasonal positions, a cover letter is not usually necessary, but if you are applying for a management, part-time, or full-time position, we’d like you to take a few moments and tell us why you are applying and how your background best suits the position you’ve applied for. Need some tips? Check out resume and cover letter samples online or send us an email if you’re stuck.
Communication from the PNE:
For seasonal positions and phone screen invitations, your first communication from the PNE will most likely be in the form of an email. That is why we ask that all applicants keep their eye out on their email, including their junk and spam folders, just in case our initial emails land there.
If you are unavailable by email, we may reach out directly via phone and we will always identify ourselves by name and by department. Applicants should make sure that the contact details they are providing throughout their application process are their most up-to-date and current contact information. To update this information, please visit our job page and edit your personal details online.
This is the first in-person impression we have of you, so please keep these key tips in mind:
- Be on time. Five to ten minutes early is about right. If your interview is on sit, you may want to make a trip onsite before your first interview so that you know exactly where you are going when you get here.
- Turn all of your devices off. If you forget to turn off your cell phone and it rings during the interview, please apologize and allow yourself time to turn it off at that point.
- Smile and make eye contact with your facilitator or interviewer.
- Be prepared with specific examples of your work experience; we want to know that you’ve been in certain situations before and are interested in how you’ve handled them.
- We want to get to know you! Please feel free to share a bit about who you are and what you want out of your next job opportunity.
- Come prepared to the interview having researched the PNE; we are there to answer any questions you might have about the organization, your potential new department or the skills and experience we are looking for.
- At the PNE we are all about fun, so we want our candidates to be relaxed and hope that you will enjoy the interview experience. If at any point you need a break or to think about a question, please don’t hesitate to ask your interview or facilitator. We know interviews can be hard and we are here to support you!