Steak Summer Salad by Chef Ned Bell
Cooked on August 19, prepared by Ned Bell.
Enjoy this delicious, summery salad, seasoned with grainy mustard, fresh chives, and a kick of horseradish and accompanied by fresh tomato and zucchini.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: 1
4-5 ounces BC Beef per sandwich
Thick slices of your favorite bread (I like sourdough, thick cut, brushed with butter or olive oil and toasted or grilled)
Grainy Mustard, Horseradish and Chive Mayonnaise
2 cups mayo
1 tbsp grainy mustard
1 tbsp horseradish
1 tbsp fine sliced chives
½ tsp kosher salt
½ cracked black pepper
Instructions for Steak
- Season the steak with salt and pepper
- Rub a few tbsp of olive oil all over the steak
- Cook the steak on your BBQ or a heavy fry/or cast iron pan until desired doneness
- Chef Tip: Let the steak rest for as long as you cook it.
- Slice the steak, spoon the mayo on the toasted bread and place the steak on top of that,
serve alongside the zucchini/tomato salad and enjoy.
Zucchini and Tomato Salad
Summer time is packed full of local, abundant (often free from your neighbors gardens 😉
and affordable zucchini and tomatoes
- Grab a 1 lb each of zucchini and tomatoes and slice thin.
- Dress with extra virgin olive oil and some of your favorite vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper and some fresh garden herbs