Community Advisory Group
The Pacific National Exhibition is owned by the City of Vancouver and governed by a City Council appointed Board of Directors.
The mission of the PNE is to enrich the quality of life at Hastings Park by providing a wide range of family entertainment and events that invite guests to celebrate Vancouver’s heritage, culture and diverse communities within a vibrant urban public park.
Community Advisory Group Duties
This group’s involvement will include the following:
- Learn about the PNE and its initiatives
- Share the community’s feedback as well as helping to ensure the community has accurate information about the PNE
- Provide community perspective on event impacts
- Be aware of Master Plan project’s status
- Suggest input to PNE community programs and initiatives
- Discover ways to help PNE develop community communication channels
As an advisory group, decision making is outside the scope of the CAG.
- The CAG will meet 5-6 times per calendar year, depending on the number of topics needing to be discussed.
- Note: Meetings are open to members of the CAG only.
- Applicants should be able to serve for the full term of appointment.
- Members are appointed for a one year term.
- Alternates are not permitted.
- Members can re-apply following their one year term. No member may serve for more than five consecutive years.
The membership will represent diverse backgrounds, including geographic, generational, and cultural diversity. The membership will be drawn from the local and city-wide stakeholders who represent an individual or larger interest group.
The CAG will consist of 10 independent members, and chaired by PNE staff. Independent members of the CAG are appointed by PNE staff.
Having the experience or knowledge, abilities and skills in a minimum of one of these areas (but not limited to):
- Business and Economic Development
- Sport and Recreation
- Neighbourhood Agencies and Associations
- Culture, Events and Festivals
- Park Stewardship, Sustainability and Environmental Education
- Educational Institutions
- Historical and current knowledge of activities within Hastings Park/PNE
Current Members (2022-2023)
- Courtney Komonasky
- Debbie Schachter
- Dino Singh
- Jason Mcgarry
- Linda Dallow
- Mayura Colling
- Patricia Barnes
- Ruby Wong
- Stewart Anderson
- Applicants must reside in the City of Vancouver; or work for an organization they represent that is located in the City of Vancouver.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate relevant experience or knowledge and skills related to the mandate of the group.
Information on the CAG is also on the City of Vancouver’s website.
We are now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Community Advisory Group.
January 24, 2023
November 29, 2022
September 13, 2022
July 19, 2022
November 23, 2021
September 28, 2021
June 24, 2021
April 28, 2021
September 22, 2020
March 10, 2020
January 22, 2020
November 5, 2019
September 17, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 6, 2019
March 13, 2019
January 29, 2019
November 7, 2018
September 18, 2018
May 23, 2018
April 17, 2018
March 13, 2018
January 30, 2018
September 26, 2017
May 23, 2017
April 4, 2017
February 21, 2017
January 24, 2017
November 7, 2016
October 27, 2016
June 23, 2016
April 5, 2016
February 23, 2016
January 19, 2016